Sunday 31 July 2022

IT'S COMING HOME

 Sorry the blog has been a bit quiet, but July has been a busy time for me and family stuff. However, fishing will be returning with a vengeance in August, I have been selected to fish the Feeder National, and the Divison 1 National which are both being held on the river Trent non tidal sections. The feeder national is fished to international FIPS rules and that means bait limits, as well as minimum hooklengths and shock leaders, so I have to make sure that I know those well.

One thing that will most likely be needed will be a sturdy platform, and I recently invested in the new Preston Innovations Absolute Platform. I got it out at home and put it together just so I knew what I was doing on the bank lol, but actually it is a doddle to put together and looks very sturdy.

Anyway lots of prep to do this and next week, and hopefully draw a peg where I can get a few bites and the team do well, we will need a fair bit of luck.

Today fishing was off the agenda, and I took my eldest daughter and her friend to Parkway station as they were off to Wembley for the final of the Womens Euros. Well what can you say, they have had a great day, full of emotion, and they are so lucky to see England win a tournament. Finally "IT CAME HOME!"

Well done Ladies, super proud of you, beating the Germans is never easy and was biting my nails a few times, but you did it!


No comments:

Post a Comment