Sunday 3 March 2024

Weather, weather altogether what’s it going to do?

 Well I’ve had my fill of this winter, it seems to have been raining mostly for 3 months or maybe more. On Wednesday the weather forecast was for light rain, so I thought yes I’ll get on the river. Then in the early hours of Friday it hammered down, game over… I’d ordered bait and so had to get that, and thought about what do to with it.  Then on Friday night I put a post on Facebook saying would this rain ever stop. Well yes it did, but only to be replaced by a dump of snow Saturday morning.

That was it I couldn’t take anymore lol. I’ve been travelling a lot with work lately and a lot more in the next two weeks, so my chances of getting one more time on the river are slim. It’s the last match of the season at Newbridge next Sunday, same match last year I came second with 91lb, but I have to travel to Germany that day and can’t fish it. 

After having a few beers Saturday afternoon with Mark Jefferies, Glenn Bailey, Darren Gilman and Mike Nicholls, I felt much better. We all said we were looking forward to better weather and our holiday at Viaduct in June.

I decided to spend Sunday with my wife and not go fishing, and we had a lovely time in the SUN at Portishead. What a thoroughly beautiful day, and the only fish I saw was a piece of cod with my chips.



A dry week please, I might be able to squeeze a session in 🙏🙏🙏


No comments:

Post a Comment