Tuesday 23 March 2021

Whoops

 Oh dear, I forgot to write a blog Sunday, truth be told I was pretty busy and ended up going for some nice walks and I just never thought about the blog!

The good personal news is I finally got myself a fishing mobile, yay! A Ford Transit Connect van which being a Long Wheel Base version will allow me to get the gear in nice and easily. Now I just need to go fishing and get a road test out of it, maybe I will get a chance to go Saturday this weekend. However, I am really looking forward to going somewhere Easter weekend, a match would truly be nice, but I imagine most will be booked up, I will have to see if anything is available.

I am just a tad fed up with the football, Rovers are absolutely shite, 3 managers cannot get a decent team on the pitch and that tells me we have shocking players. Joey Barton I think can do the club some good, but he can't make these turds look polished, he needs to build his own squad. That's enough about the football, I think we are doomed to league 2 sadly.

I took a walk to the river at Jack Whites on Sunday, it looked nice, a little pacey but lovely colour. Of course as is typical we cannot fish it... I spent some time watching a large shoal of dace feeding on a hatch of flies, I think dace spawn early and many were going up into the stream so looking like they are getting ready to spawn. There are very healthy numbers of dace in the river, Jack Whites and Chequers as well as down at Conham, has been for a long time, be nice to have a float only match down there one day and see what comes out, rather than a handful of bream weights taking out the framing places.

I do look forward to the clocks going forward, I love that extra hour of light on an evening, just gives me a bit more time outdoors, especially after work. Just need the weather to warm up a bit as we move through April. I doubt we will get a repeat of last years hot spring, but a few warmer days please.

I'm not really prepared for commercial fishing, I haven't been able to put my mind to making rigs, or hook lengths, partially because I couldn't see when or where I would be match fishing. I will get something sort I guess, maybe I will go back up to Hill View, at least I should get some bites up there even if I get smashed up lol.

Fingers crossed for only good things going forwards. 

1 comment: