Sunday 22 August 2021

Quick update on some matches

 I've not been fishing these last two weeks, plenty of things on that are keeping me otherwise busy, but I'm planning on fishing a small open match next Sunday on the Avon, it will be on either Crane, Jack Whites or Chequers I think. If you are interested contact Ben Rendall for more details.

Thatchers have fished a couple of big team matches recently, neither of which I have been involved with, firstly the Division one National on the Grand Union Canal. It was a bad day for the team unfortunately, they struggled to catch the skimmers or bream needed and had one of the lowest positions for a long time. Andy Ottaway having the best individual result with a third in section. Big congratulations of course to the lads from Devises who won the event and had some great performances, with Rich Whitmarsh winning his section and framing I believe. Great result for them.

The second team match was today and it was the inaugural Angling Trust Feeder National on the Gloucester canal. The team had to be very clear on the rules, limit on bait, and gbait, length of shockleader, no mobile phones and certain other things. I was out walking when the results started to come in, here are how the lads did in their sections:-

A James Carty 8kgs 60g     3rd

B John Harvey 30kgs 890g 1st

C Nick Ewers  3kgs 380g   5th

D Mark Harper 340g          last

E Rob Jones     2kgs 160g   2nd

F Martin Barrett 3kgs 260g 4th

Despite the last place, the rest of the team had done enough to win the match with 35 penalty points! What they have also won is a trip to Italy to fish the world feeder championship, wow!!! Well done lads. Extra congrats to John Harvey for winning the match individually.



Lastly there was a match today at Newbridge today and it fished OK by the sounds of it with no runaway leader, I'm not sure who won it but I heard the little field fished well with a 16lb, 15lb and 14lb. Dean Harvey had a fun day on peg 49, landing a 10lb pike that doesn't count, and losing a 9-10lb barbel in a snag in close, gutted for him.

Lastly a picture of what I trod in when out walking and checking my phone for the results, what a plonker, hope it is lucky for me lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment