Thursday 7 December 2023

Ticking over


 Sorry the blog has been quiet again since the Poppy match. First off I went away the following weekend for a family celebration, near the Blackdown Hills in Devon. Lovely place, right out in the sticks with lovely views and walks. 



After that weekend I was looking forward to go fishing on Sunday. However, with sub zero temperatures I began to think about other options. The Commercial House Xmas match was on my radar, but it was on the canal outside of Bath, and that’s been rubbish for a few years now when it’s cold. Glad I didn’t go as only 8oz won the match (Andy Britt) and 3oz was 5th, hmmm rat tip! 

In the end I walked a few sections of the canal up at Horton just outside Devises. Thatchers were fishing the last round of the winter league here, and although the team had no chance of getting in the top 2 of the league they were still very competitive. They had a better day coming second, and Andy Ottaway won the match with 11lb, so good day for the lads. Congratulations to Diawa Gordon League and Devises for finishing first and second.

A few of my team had a curry in Devises where James Carty is their best customer. We were certainly looked after well and the food was great. From left, myself, Lee Trivitt, James, Ian Paulley and Andy Ottaway.

I won’t be fishing this weekend, forward planning on my part really, as on Saturday I’ve a bit of hospitality at Rovers followed by a party at the neighbours. Might have a thick head Sunday. Fingers crossed I can get on something the following weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment