Sunday 18 June 2023

Viaduct Holiday Going Home Day


 Friday going home day, that meant no alarm and so I awoke naturally. Some of us had a last breakfast in M&M cafe and said our goodbyes to Mandy for another year. Back at the lodge I packed my bags and loaded the van, and then we decided to conduct an experiment! Gary had posed the question if you fill a bucket full of water and weigh it and then you put some fish in the bucket (and no water escapes) does the bucket weigh more or not? With no one sure of the answer (though thought it must weigh more) we set the experiment up, caught a few roach put them in the bucket of water, and yes, the bucket weighed more.

After this I wandered over to watch Martin, Chris and Mark pleasure fishing. Chris took my advice and fished paste on a top set on Carey, Mark fished his favourite pellet waggler, and Martin was on Lodge lake giving the paste a go with me passing on tips. Martin had not fished paste all week and had struggled on Campbell lake without it, we told him he needed to get the method in his armoury! He enjoyed himself in the end with plenty of skimmers and carp.

Can now confirm Martin is a paste head!

Chris had a lovely day catching many skimmers, carp and a few tench.

Mark got among the Carey carp, but they were crafty buggers lol.

Eventually I had to pull myself away and get going, I gave the keys back to Mat Long and said thanks and goodbye to him and his Dad Steve, I really need to try to get back for a few open matches I think. I’d had a great week, three second places, a top silvers weight and a team win. Caught nearly 900lb of fish over 6 days. 

Thanks to all the lads who made the trip so great, and to all the fellow anglers I met during the week. Special thanks to Woody for organising the holiday, we’ve discussed a few tweaks for next year, but Somerton residents will still have to put with us for a week 😂

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading all of that Tim and really enjoy reading your blogs. What paste floats/rigs do you use as it’s an area i need to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I will put a post on about paste rigs and my paste for you in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Tim. Thanks Dave

    ReplyDelete